It's around 4:15 on a Friday afternoon and all I want to do is get home before it rains and go for my run. Today's goal is to run longer, faster and further than yesterday. That will pretty much be the goal every day and I hope that I make it.
The Nike+ running app is pretty much the most awesome thing ever. It tracks all of my runs including pace, time, distance, weather, how you feel, what surface you ran on, calories burned pretty much everything. Yesterday I ran for 21:12 going 1.63 miles with an average pace of 13 min/mi. I want to get to a point where I run a 5K in under 30 minutes, but I am a far cry from that right now.
I've had my pre-running snack of grapes and pretzel rods and so much water all I've done today is run to the bathroom.
I'm hoping Ben doesn't want to do something right when I get home, because I'll be disappointed if I don't go for my run. But I did do a 20 minute AMRAP when I got up this morning, which I am feeling everywhere right now so my run might not be as great as I was hoping, but I'm going to push it.
Once I really get going I want to make sure I include pictures with my writing. I need to have before/after, but it sucks posting the before until you've reached the after. It should be great motivation though.
That is all for now, I'll update you after the run!
No comments:
Post a Comment