Friday, July 12, 2013

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels

So I once heard this mantra "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels," I think nowadays that's not really a super healthy way of thinking. Thin isn't really the way to be any more, people should be healthy and strong. I decided that when I'm about to eat something that's just absolutely awful for you I need to think "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels."

I'm trying to get myself to a happy balanced place and I am going to document it.  Good or bad, I just want to get there, even if I'm doing it by myself. Even if no one knows about it.  I'm going to do it. I'm going to get there.


What I've done today to help me get there...


I got up this morning and applied to another job at the University of Rochester. Someday I'm going to get in there. I'm going to get a plan, and I'm going to work it.  I think I could be so good if I was pushed harder. I just want to be in a stable work environment.  I also think working for higher ed could get me more places I'd like to go.  I'd like to go back to school while I work, so I hope this is possible. I will call on Monday to find out where they are in the process and hope that my resume makes it to the top of the pile.


Then after I applied for the job a did a 20 minute AMRAP:


10 Burpees

20 Push Ups
30 Sit Ups
40 Squats
50 Sec Plank

I got through this 2 and a half times which means I did 30 burpees, 60 push ups, 90 sit ups, 80 squats and 100 seconds of planking. What what??? This is amazing for me.  Especially after I ran 1.63 miles yesterday in 20 minutes, also a personal best. And I plan to beat it today :)


It feels so good to do things like this. It feels like I've already accomplished something today.


I'm also making sure I take all my vitamins morning and night.  I've got a pretty extensive regimen, but it feels so much better when I take them. I just hope I'm not over doing it. I'm also drinking bucket loads of water which is just so awesome for you. Like crazy awesome.


I can't get the food under control. Especially when I'm at work, I just eat and eat and eat. So I'm just trying to make sure that it is just the healthiest possible food so you can eat ball loads of it. I feel inspired like I can get there, I hope I can hold on to this inspiration and make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment