Thursday, July 18, 2013

Living Life

So I pushed through an entire week, just doing what I had to do, but real life is here and there are things that have to get done.  Last night I got home and needed to participate in the process with Ben.  We were buying 2 air conditioners for the house so I knew I couldn't just run and not participate because these are expensive purchases.  There was wiring and installation involved, a trip to the store, and so on. Thankfully we were able to sleep in a nice cool room last night.

Unfortunately electrical work was involved where there were sparks so we had to leave the house for a couple of hours which means going out to dinner. I kept it simple. I wasn't going to have beer, but Ben got a pitcher and I didn't want him drinking the whole thing alone so I drank a glass and had half of a quesadilla. Yes I know I could have had a salad, but honestly when I go out to eat I don't want to limit myself to that, and usually restaurant salads are honestly full of calories anyway. 

The really bad part was I had pizza hut for lunch at work.  I kept it simple, flat bread veggie pizza, half a bread stick and a quarter of a boneless chicken wing.  Filling, but only about 400 calories which is a typical lunch.  But I was very low on my fruit and veggie intake and definitely high on my starches and cheeses yesterday so I felt kinda blah. So caloriewise I was OK  I didn't really work out yesterday so that was a bummer, but I won't let it get me behind.

This is why I'm changing my run to this morning.  When I get home tonight I know we have a second air conditioner to install, and I don't want to peace out right as things get going. So I've just had my yogurt and I'm going to drink my water and in half an hour I'm going to run.  I hope eating means I'll have the energy and hydration to do well in the morning, but my evening runs typically go a lot better. But last night I got a good night sleep in the air conditioned bed room so I'm hoping all goes well.

Report to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment