The Run for the Red: Twilight 5K is in Canandaigua tonight. As much as I wish I was running it, I have to work it. But I love it. It is a really fun night and I can't wait to get there.
It will be a mini shit show though. My eating is going to be atrocious, but I don't care and I'm not going to technically exercise today because I have to work 13 hours that consists of putting up tents and hauling large boxes of crap everywhere. I have a feeling this will be a sufficient work out.
I was going to try to bring my own lunch and snacks, but since everything I eat is fresh, I don't know how I am going to keep it all cold, and I'd have to haul all of it around with me and it sounds like it would just be a mess. Supposedly they are feeding us throughout the day, but they didn't last year, so if I need something to eat I'm putting it on my damn pcard and I don't care, girls gotta eat.
So today will be an off day, and that's OK as long as I eat in moderation and still track it even if it sucks. I think you really do have to take off some time between running though, at least in the beginning. I went downhill all week. I started at 1.8 miles and then 1.74 miles and yesterday I was all the way down to 1.6 something miles. So I'll take a day and let my legs recharge so I can get back at it. It helped after not running all last weekend so I hope it helps again.
No comments:
Post a Comment